- 1/3 cup raw almonds
- 1 tbsp fresh shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp raw coconut nectar
- 1 tbsp. raw cacao powder
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked for 2-3 hrs
- 1/3 cup organic, raw, unrefined coconut oil
- 1/4 cup raw coconut nectar
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/3 tsp orange zest
- 1/4 tsp natural alcohol free orange flavor
- pinch Himalayan salt
To make the crust:
- Place the almonds, coconut and cacao powder in your blender or food processor until well combined.
- Add the coconut nectar and mix by hand.
- Grease a small heart shaped spring form cake tin with coconut oil.
- Press the crust into the bottom of the pan and set aside in the freezer.
To make the filling:
- Place all of the filling ingredients into the blender (I use a Blendtec) and blend until rich and creamy.
- Pour the filling into the tin.
- Cover the tin with aluminum foil and place in the freezer for at least 8 hours.
- Before serving, allow the cake to defrost for an hour and then place in the fridge.
- To serve – remove cake from tin, cut into pieces and serve with shaved raw vegan choc orange chocolate, and orange zest.
**NB** because of the coconut oil, this cheesecake will melt if left out in the heat.
Serves 2-4 peeps