- 100g chopped walnuts
- 100g almonds
- 2 tbsp milled flaxseed, sunflower and pumpkin seeds (I used Linwoods brand)
- 170g medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 100g soft dried figs, chopped
- 100g prunes, pitted and chopped
- 2 tbsp tahini paste
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp mesquite
- 2 tbsp coconut nectar
- pinch of Himalayan salt
- 100g freshly shredded coconut for coating
- Combine the walnuts, almonds and seed mix in a food processor and blend until fine crumbs. Add the dates, figs and prunes and whizz until smooth. Add the tahini, cacao powder, mesquite, coconut nectar, and Himalayan salt and blend until the mixture starts to form a ball.
- Divide into golf ball-sized portions and roll into balls between lightly wet palms. Roll in coconut and store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks (lucky or these could have been wasted)
This recipe was inspired by Jill Dupleix from Good Food.
Ingredients can be substituted to suit your taste, as long as in the same ratio and similar texture.
You should get approximately one dozen balls from this mixture, so spread the love!