At day 18 of my 30 day green smoothie challenge I am almost 2/3 of the way there. Over the past week I decided to ditch the recipes provided by Young and Raw and start styling my own brews. So far I have managed a 18/19 success rate of achieving my once per day goal to consume one of these nutrient dense blasts of energy. The slip up due to poor time management and planning on Day 15. An amazing accomplishment with my hectic schedule, I’d say! As I had imagined it took careful planning. The recent addition to my appliance collection also helping tremendously in the execution of my hotel room smoothies.
Below I would like to share with you one of my favourite recipes of the week.
The Koh Samui – Green Mango Salad Smoothie
- 1 young coconut flesh and coconut water ( luckily I have a local supplier that pretty much gets the coconut soft enough to stick a straw through the fleshy part at the top. This also makes it easy to get a hole large enough to get a spoon in to remove the coconut meat inside. There are heaps of videos on YouTube showing you how it’s done, if you’re a novice in this department. )
- 1 ripened mango
- 2 mangosteen (fleshy part-seeds removed)
- 1 small knob of peeled ginger
- 1 small bunch of mint – stems removed
- 4 cubes of organic frozen spinach (instead of ice)
- 1 tamarind pulp – remove seeds and stringy bit from pod
- 1 chia shot or heaped tablespoon of chia gel that has been soaked and activated overnight
- 1 heaped tsp of bee pollen
- Blend all together until super smooth.
- Pour back into the young coconut for presentation.
- Sip and enjoy!
- Freeze any leftovers to take with you on your next night stop.